The Science of Jyotish (Vedic Astrology) is based on timeless mathematical formulas and teachings that describe the positive and negative life influences created by...
- THE GRAHAS 9 Major Planets:
Surya (SK/Sun), Chandra (CH/Moon), Mangala (MA/Mars), Budha (BU/Mercury), Guru (GU/Jupiter), Shukra (SK/Venus), and Shani (SA/Saturn); plus Rahu (RA) & Ketu (KE), which are shadow planets
- THE RASHIS 12 Major Constellations:
1.Mesh (Aries), 2.Vrishabh (Taurus), 3.Mithun (Gemini), 4.Karka (Cancer), 5.Simha (Leo), 6.Kanya (Virgo), 7.Tula (Libra), 8.Vrischik (Scorpio), 9.Dhanur (Sagittarius), 10.Makar (Capricorn), 11.Kumbh (Aquarius), 12.Meena (Pisces)
- THE NAKSHATRAS 27 Minor Constellations:
Ashvini, Bharani, Krittika, Rohini, Mrigashira, Ardra, Purnavasu, Pushya, Ashslesha, Magha, Purvaphalguni, Uttaraphalguni, Hast, Chitra, Swati, Vishakha, Anuradha, Jyeshtha, Mool, Purvashadha, Uttarashadha, Shravan, Danishtha, Satabhisha, Purvabhadrapad, Uttarabhadrapad, and Revati
- THE BHAVAS 12 Houses of the birth chart which categorize the main areas of interest in one's life
- THE POSITIONS AND DEGREES of the placement of the Planets and Constellations in the Bhavas (houses), as well as their Lordship over specific Bhavas, and other characteristics
- THE DASAS 9 Major Planetary Time Periods of one's life, each with multiple sub-periods
- THE JANMA KUNDALI Ascendent Constellation Birth Chart containing all of the above information, which is complemented by 19 additional sub-charts---as determined by when and where you were born
||Sample Janma Kundali Birth Chart
This chart shows the 9 Grahas (Planets), placed in the 12 Bhavas (Houses), and the Rashi sign (Major Constellation associated with them).
The Bhava categories and numerical order are shown in white.
The Bhava colors are determined by the color of any Graha placed in it. If there is none, then the Bhava category color is a lighter shade of the color of the Graha that has Lordship over it.
The abbreviations for the Planets are shown in black (see list at left), with the degree of strength listed underneath.
The small dark numbers in the corner of each category represents the Rashi (Major Constellation) of each Bhava (see list at left). The figure in the middle of the chart is the lstha Devata, or presiding quality of Natural Law, as determined by the birth time. In this chart it is Shiva.